With the cupcake trend out of control…I mean…you see them everywhere!…I had to make some guilt free (pretty much anyhow) cupcakes…but since it’s so backwards to have a decadent treat like this that isn’t so bad for you…we’ll call them Cakecups!
So here is what you need for the Cakecups…
1 c coconut flour (I like Coconut Secret)
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 c raw cocoa powder (Divine Organics is YUM!)
1/2 c oil (I usually use olive oil or coconut oil for most everything)
1/2 c water
1/2 c unsweetened organic applesauce
1 c almond milk (I LOVE 365 Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk! It tastes amazing and no carrageenan!…of course you can easily make your own too)
1.5 c coconut crystals (Coconut Secret or Lanka Sun are my favorites)
1 tsp vanilla extract
And here’s what you’ll do for the Cakecups….
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake sheet with cupcake papers.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Make sure all of your wet ingredients are at room temperature and combine well…make sure all clumps are smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until all ingredients are well combined and smooth.
5. Fill cupcake papers almost to the top…leave a little room for expansion…these do not expand quite as much as regular cupcakes as there is no grain flour.
6. Bake for a out 15 – 20 minutes keeping a close eye as I don’t time things really well so can’t tell you an exact amount of time.:) Just check with a toothpick here and there, and when you pull it out dry…your Cakecups are ready!
7. Let cool completely before frosting.:)…
Here is what you need for the Vegan Ganache!…
2 c almond milk
1/2 c powdered “sugar” …I know…you’re thinking “I thought this was no refined sugar?!?! well…here is how you make it without sugar…
(sugar-free!) powdered sugar (I made mine with coconut crystals)
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 Scharffen Berger dark chocolate unsweetened baking bar roughly chopped
1/2 c Artisana raw coconut butter
Here’s what you’ll do….
1. Bring your almond milk, powdered sugar, and sea salt to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate, let sit for about a minute without stirring.
3. Stir until all chocolate is melted and well combined.
4. Add raw coconut butter and stir until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
5. Put in the refrigerator and stir occasionally until spreadable.
*These Cakecups and super rich and super delicious! Enjoy!